Did you ever know?
After every sunset
My visions portrayed your shadow,
Like a blurred illusion on a cloudy day..
How I longed to touch you, feel you,
Embrace you and and wanted you to stay,
With my soul filled with solitude,
And transform the pitch dark hours
To a shining bright sunny day..
Did you ever see, listen or feel?
Behind you, the weeps and sobs,
The destruction of romantic thoughts
And the crumpled page with the solitary dots?
Alas! You became so distant, ..
When you crossed the seven oceans,
Like a momentary flash of silver lightning,
And never turned back to meet
The love-filled gaze that followed you,
With delicate words on the dry lips,
Unexpressed, unspoken, untold..
As years went by,
The eyes never stopped searching you,
Wishes had slowly caught deep rust
Secretly waiting to be true,
The silent nights spoke to me,
Gifting me the white Pegasus,
And how I waited to ride and fly with you,
Seeking for the paradise blue…
A sudden storm then blew up
Shattering the fairytale dreams,
Bidding adieu to the delusive tunes
And there you were,
The mirage, within the sand dunes!
Wish you could ever feel my soft whispers,
And hide your little pearls of tears,
Sitting alone with your daydreamer paintbrush,
Dipping, sinking into the watercolours,
Hugging the white canvas
And thinking of the long lost hours..
As you illustrated the unfinished picture
Of the broken vase,
With lovely flowers blooming
And just one dried up with unignited passion..
That was my heart, always there…
So close to you, loving you forever…
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confessions by Indranil Bhaduri )
- Need, Akhtar Jawad
- A Poem for You, James Anthony Creamer
- My Nephews, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in January, James Anthony Creamer
- Taking Spirits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Alone in February, James Anthony Creamer
- Alone in March, James Anthony Creamer
- Marshmallow Bombs, James Anthony Creamer
- Under The Sea, James Anthony Creamer
- To Adapt, Cigeng Zhang
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Flower, Rabindranath Tagore
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)