Did you ever know?
After every sunset
My visions portrayed your shadow,
Like a blurred illusion on a cloudy day..
How I longed to touch you, feel you,
Embrace you and and wanted you to stay,
With my soul filled with solitude,
And transform the pitch dark hours
To a shining bright sunny day..
Did you ever see, listen or feel?
Behind you, the weeps and sobs,
The destruction of romantic thoughts
And the crumpled page with the solitary dots?
Alas! You became so distant, ..
When you crossed the seven oceans,
Like a momentary flash of silver lightning,
And never turned back to meet
The love-filled gaze that followed you,
With delicate words on the dry lips,
Unexpressed, unspoken, untold..
As years went by,
The eyes never stopped searching you,
Wishes had slowly caught deep rust
Secretly waiting to be true,
The silent nights spoke to me,
Gifting me the white Pegasus,
And how I waited to ride and fly with you,
Seeking for the paradise blue…
A sudden storm then blew up
Shattering the fairytale dreams,
Bidding adieu to the delusive tunes
And there you were,
The mirage, within the sand dunes!
Wish you could ever feel my soft whispers,
And hide your little pearls of tears,
Sitting alone with your daydreamer paintbrush,
Dipping, sinking into the watercolours,
Hugging the white canvas
And thinking of the long lost hours..
As you illustrated the unfinished picture
Of the broken vase,
With lovely flowers blooming
And just one dried up with unignited passion..
That was my heart, always there…
So close to you, loving you forever…
Copyright © 2012 Indranil Bhaduri
Indranil Bhaduri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confessions by Indranil Bhaduri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Mitchell Gonzalez
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Police Car, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Tu & Io - You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- You & I, Fabrizio Frosini
- My Little Bird, Alfred Oyori
- Regret, Damian Murphy
- Helpless reasonings, Howard MacDougall
- The first Flight, michael hagwood
- Fake, RJP Patterson
- Bee Bathes In Bliss, Saiom Shriver
- Merry Christmas, lee fones
- Searching For Convictions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak