Chandra Leela, pretty name of her!
Her mother woke up much early
To prepare sweets for her honey!
It is a day she was born,
Eighteen years ago noon!
She stitched a new dress, chudithar,
To her special taste for it greater!
Mother prepared special rice
For her lunch in the college nice!
She didn’t take any food for her energy,
She could not withstand standing agony!
Her mother was worried,
The daughter was not bothered!
Because she reached years eighteen,
Crossing slowly over her teen!
She is my brother’s daughter
Chandra Leela is the pretty name of her!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Chandra Leela, pretty name of her! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Inevitable Fade, Joseph Owen Williams
- Dream Among Dreams, Tony Adah
- Temptation, Joseph Owen Williams
- Old Settler's Song, Kate Harrington
- omschrijving van poezie, co the skipper
- of Peace and Light~, Monk E. Biz
- Twenty - One, Kate Harrington
- Whitewashed Sepulchres, Babatunde Aremu
- The Eastern Star, Kate Harrington
- Foolish Ghosts, Pijush Biswas