Chain Of Pearls
Mother, I shall weave a chain of pearls for thy neck
with my tears of sorrow.
The stars have wrought their anklets of light to deck thy feet,
but mine will hang upon thy breast.
Wealth and fame come from thee
and it is for thee to give or to withhold them.
But this my sorrow is absolutely mine own,
and when I bring it to thee as my offering
thou rewardest me with thy grace.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain Of Pearls by Rabindranath Tagore )
Did you read them?
- Intoxicated Heart, Gianni Pansensoy
- From Adam, Gert Strydom
- Albino, Gert Strydom
- A Word, a Relationship Translation of Kh.., Akhtar Jawad
- Mi Still Chat It, Tyrone Gayle
- Midnight Flatulance, David Cadywold
- Vindictive Vaginas, Gianni Pansensoy
- love pains, bikram baniya
- At destruction, hasmukh amathalal
- मुकुट, dhirajkumar taksande