Give Me Strength
This is my prayer to thee, my lord---strike,
strike at the root of penury in my heart.
Give me the strength lightly to bear my joys and sorrows.
Give me the strength to make my love fruitful in service.
Give me the strength never to disown the poor or bend my knees before insolent might.
Give me the strength to raise my mind high above daily trifles.
And give me the strength to surrender my strength to thy will with love.
Rabindranath Tagore's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Give Me Strength by Rabindranath Tagore )
Did you read them?
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)