The astronomers explain that it takes -
Thousands of light years for light,
Travelling from those distant stars,
To reach our eyes!
We are constantly viewing the present
With light from the past!
Some of those celestial bodies
Have already dissipated, and gone out
Yet they appear to be, since their light, -
Remains visible before our eyes!
So be it, I thought;
When one day, I too shall perform this
May the light of my love continue to
shine, shower and bless you,
For now and evermore,
When like an old star, I too shall dissipate
out of sight!
19 Jan 08
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CELESTIAL LOVE by RAJ NANDY )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Raise Him, Elia Michael
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns