** LOVE UNDER THE INCA SKY!
LOVE UNDER THE INCA
When I planted a stolen kiss on your lips,
Those tender lips so innocent and pure!
Between the tall bushes and slender trees,
Gaining strength to endure!
With your black hair’s cascading flow,
And your beauty all shimmering bright;
When you anxiously looked back to see,
And hurried back with steps so light!
And at night under the starry sky,
I think of you as my guiding star!
With your laughter like the mountain stream,
You stay so near, and yet you are so far!
I go to bed with your happy thoughts,
And think of the goodness of your heart;
Of kissing you behind those bushes once
When our lips will get locked, - never to
- Raj Nandy
16 May 09
(In this poem an Inca youth passionately yearns
for his mate! The Incas remained close to nature
& revered the sun, the moon & the stars! Those
interested, kindly read 'Machu Picchu-The Lost City
Of The Incas'- on page 7, you will not regret it!)
RAJ NANDY's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (** LOVE UNDER THE INCA SKY! by RAJ NANDY )
- Place Of My Own, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Retracing Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Unimpressed Poet, Hebert Logerie
- Poetical Life Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mere Words, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Occasions Of Promise, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A LITTLE PRAYER, Vinaya Joseph
- Even for bluff, hasmukh amathalal
- For you - Mother, gajanan mishra
- My Morning Glory, Refa Kris
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
Paul Laurence Dunbar
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)