RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Peacefully igniting candles of prayer, tending them
Sending their heavenly smoky odors to gates of heaven,
where they await their times to be answered by God.
Some sit and dwindle in size as life begets itself and
forgets about a prayer said in earnest.
Others sit in a thick haze of smoke, as people add to
them, creating a vision of prayer, wanting to be
answered right away, if that's okay with God.
As miracles in life come about, we can all see answers
of our prayers, echoing throughout the heavens on every angel's lips.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candle Prayers by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge