RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Peacefully igniting candles of prayer, tending them
Sending their heavenly smoky odors to gates of heaven,
where they await their times to be answered by God.
Some sit and dwindle in size as life begets itself and
forgets about a prayer said in earnest.
Others sit in a thick haze of smoke, as people add to
them, creating a vision of prayer, wanting to be
answered right away, if that's okay with God.
As miracles in life come about, we can all see answers
of our prayers, echoing throughout the heavens on every angel's lips.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candle Prayers by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- love became LOVE and now i live., Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery
- The Judges Lied, Tony Adah
- Empty Passages, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Hiding, Leigh Sena