Burning Need - (sonnet)
In reverie, I dream that I may write
A poem for tomorrow ‘fore tonight,
But still the words elude my empty mind –
I search and search, but such I cannot find.
If inspiration yet should come my way
Perhaps then I shall write a verse today
Which maybe, come tomorrow, you shall read,
So then to satisfy my burning need.
But if perchance a verse remains unwrit’,
Then I shall search my archives bit by bit
To try and seek a poem hidden low,
A rhyme I wrote a long, long time ago.
Alas, such poem yet I can’t locate -
Therefore my burning need remains unsate.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning Need - (sonnet) by Valerie Dohren )
Did you read them?
- Time Chases Me, Neela Nath
- Elimination, Hans Raj Sharma
- We have come thru..., bill costley
- The elements of loss, nick feiner
- Lives short lived, nick feiner
- Waiting to bloom, nick feiner
- Woman Or Mermaid?, Marcondes Pereira
- Gliding through life, nick feiner
- Angels and Demons, nick feiner
- Love is, hasmukh amathalal