Burning Need - (sonnet)
In reverie, I dream that I may write
A poem for tomorrow ‘fore tonight,
But still the words elude my empty mind –
I search and search, but such I cannot find.
If inspiration yet should come my way
Perhaps then I shall write a verse today
Which maybe, come tomorrow, you shall read,
So then to satisfy my burning need.
But if perchance a verse remains unwrit’,
Then I shall search my archives bit by bit
To try and seek a poem hidden low,
A rhyme I wrote a long, long time ago.
Alas, such poem yet I can’t locate -
Therefore my burning need remains unsate.
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burning Need - (sonnet) by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Estrange, micheal john
- J'attendrai, Michael Mira
- Peace, Sandra Feldman
- Poetry And All Of Me, Rites Ghosh
- Forgotten, david kush
- House of Weeping Walls, Michael Mira
- Vicky - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Dangerous Mind Games, Michael Mira
- To My Dear Poet Pablo Neruda on...If You.., Geetha Jayakumar
- A Matter Of Time, John Garth Raubenheimer