Break the bonds,
Loosen the ties.
Sauntering along a sunny aisle,
nobody seen for a mile.
Dash all expectations.
Push everything that holds you down.
Walk along, run wild.
Oh! You bonded child.
Leaving pressure behind,
and stress can take a hike.
Because, no one can keep me down.
I soar like an eagle,
let loose from his cage.
I rise like the cloud,
Ready to be free.
I shine like the sun,
breaking free for an open run.
I'm the air, the breeze.
I'm the water, the sea.
I cannot be imprisoned..
And I AM BREAKING FREE.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking Free by Shweta Nair )
- Whole world enjoys with this pain,, Aftab Alam
- Epitaph, Naveed Khalid
- By The Corner, Abby Bilan
- COPLA 109 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Poet as a life(SLIM JAY), Prince Lartey
- Know the meaning of life, gajanan mishra
- Oracle, Naveed Khalid
- Stand high, hasmukh amathalal
- Amidst the stones, Roann Mendriq
- Rainbow Of Life, david kush
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)