Break the bonds,
Loosen the ties.
Sauntering along a sunny aisle,
nobody seen for a mile.
Dash all expectations.
Push everything that holds you down.
Walk along, run wild.
Oh! You bonded child.
Leaving pressure behind,
and stress can take a hike.
Because, no one can keep me down.
I soar like an eagle,
let loose from his cage.
I rise like the cloud,
Ready to be free.
I shine like the sun,
breaking free for an open run.
I'm the air, the breeze.
I'm the water, the sea.
I cannot be imprisoned..
And I AM BREAKING FREE.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Breaking Free by Shweta Nair )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet II: My Heart Was Slain, Michael Drayton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poem of the Day
- Once More, Ahmad Husain
- The Cry Of The Shadow, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- He Knows No Hospital Gate, Mohamedkhadar Yussuf
- I LOST YOU, Sharen Suren
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters