She Is I
The breath of freedom She received,
A lifetime imprisoned She spent
As a carcass of a being
A mere shadow of a person.
Struggle for each caress.
A war fought for a soft word.
She is I, who hoped for release.
I, who rebelled my subjugation.
The effervescence of mine, so envied.
Crushed by no immortal, such brutality!
I witnessed the end of a time.
Reborn with a vengeance, so ripe!
The woman who stole her life back.
She, who gifted love, more over
Came upon the holy thought.
She would not back into a hole,
Never to rise, never to fly.
Soar, she would.
Burn the path that dared obstruct.
Dive deeper into the fire
Only to emerge unscathed.
She is I,
I, who remains immortal, undying
in each woman who dares.
She is I,
who remains pure,
by bloodied hands of war.
She is a Warrior, a Queen.
She is fire & water,
Passion & grace.
She is beauty unbound.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Is I by Shweta Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Mental Evasions, Monica Lanier
- G I N A, hasmukh amathalal
- Esteemed, Monica Lanier
- बैसागुनि आगान, Bahadur Basumatary
- sTiLL the MOON mOVEs On PaSt MidNiGht ca.., sEaN nOrTh
- Released, Mehradad Nosrati
- Certain Feelings, Rohit Sapra
- Troubled Situations, Monica Lanier
- Keep heart open, hasmukh amathalal
- Dreaming of Happy, Dean Meredith