She Is I
The breath of freedom She received,
A lifetime imprisoned She spent
As a carcass of a being
A mere shadow of a person.
Struggle for each caress.
A war fought for a soft word.
She is I, who hoped for release.
I, who rebelled my subjugation.
The effervescence of mine, so envied.
Crushed by no immortal, such brutality!
I witnessed the end of a time.
Reborn with a vengeance, so ripe!
The woman who stole her life back.
She, who gifted love, more over
Came upon the holy thought.
She would not back into a hole,
Never to rise, never to fly.
Soar, she would.
Burn the path that dared obstruct.
Dive deeper into the fire
Only to emerge unscathed.
She is I,
I, who remains immortal, undying
in each woman who dares.
She is I,
who remains pure,
by bloodied hands of war.
She is a Warrior, a Queen.
She is fire & water,
Passion & grace.
She is beauty unbound.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Is I by Shweta Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Was Thirteen, Kyle Schlicher
- A strong strife!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- I.H.Rizvi As A Romantic Indian English P.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Life In A Beer Commercial, Kyle Schlicher
- MY KALAHANDI, Prasanna Mishra
- A FISHERMAN'S BASKET سلة صياد السمك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Decorating The Interior Of Nothing, Kyle Schlicher
- fishing stream, lee fones
- Where is the tiger, gajanan mishra
- Only In Your Eyes, Lilly Emery