She Is I
The breath of freedom She received,
A lifetime imprisoned She spent
As a carcass of a being
A mere shadow of a person.
Struggle for each caress.
A war fought for a soft word.
She is I, who hoped for release.
I, who rebelled my subjugation.
The effervescence of mine, so envied.
Crushed by no immortal, such brutality!
I witnessed the end of a time.
Reborn with a vengeance, so ripe!
The woman who stole her life back.
She, who gifted love, more over
Came upon the holy thought.
She would not back into a hole,
Never to rise, never to fly.
Soar, she would.
Burn the path that dared obstruct.
Dive deeper into the fire
Only to emerge unscathed.
She is I,
I, who remains immortal, undying
in each woman who dares.
She is I,
who remains pure,
by bloodied hands of war.
She is a Warrior, a Queen.
She is fire & water,
Passion & grace.
She is beauty unbound.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (She Is I by Shweta Nair )
- Waves of customers inside those stores, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Leading Me Home, Heather Burns
- She's mad at me today, Louis Borgo
- An Event, Heather Burns
- Hiding In The Open In Her Room, Is It Poetry
- All Hallows Eve, David Lewis Paget
- The Devil Twists God's Words & Desires., Tom Zart
- Naturality, michael walkerjohn
- time, lee fones
- I Saw You Today, Raven McCall
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- If I Knew Someone Cared, Nicole Rawls
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- CHERYL winter
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)