Brain and Cake.
I'm quite concerned about my weight,
It's been increasing some, of late.
I'm having trouble with my clothes,
The cakes don't help I do suppose.
I used to think I was quite fit,
But now I've got these flabby bits.
If I care to look around
My arse is dragging on the ground.
I think that it must be my age,
My tiny brain will not engage.
My fingers tremble over keys,
Accompanied by knocking knees.
I do not want to frighten you,
Just because I'm feeling blue.
It's just, I've had these thoughts before,
And, bugger me, I'm twenty four! !
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Brain and Cake. by Owain Glyn )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Please Remember, abigail sikwenda
- So near, yet so far..., Musical Ravi
- Shackled by Love, Maheshwer Peri
- Lackadaisical, Diane Hine
- Ghost City, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- The fine things in life, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Dead concern, hasmukh amathalal
- Your phallus is, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- rejection, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- All You Do Is Take, Lawrence S. Pertillar