'Bouquet of Flowers'
“Bouquet of Flowers”
The bouquet of flowers
assume a lone place on the table,
bright, yellow and pink daisies
with just the perfect amount of greenery.
The vase is special.
Elongated, heart-shaped, elegant.
The sun shines through the crystal glass
and mingles with the stems set in water,
magnified illusions of what?
Love? Adoration? Romance?
The card lay beside the fresh bouquet,
faded- yet still legible-
“Amazing Flowers… for an AmazingGrl…I Adore You! ”
Your heart skips a beat
every time you pass by them,
for they are the most beautiful flowers anyone has ever given you-
Actually, the only flowers.
And though not very often, it’s your own tears
that stain the words on the card-
It is the most special gift, from a special man.
And you wish they’d last forever…
Like your love.
Kelly Seale's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Bouquet of Flowers' by Kelly Seale )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan