(1) A Friendship Bridge
You made me love the teachings of Tagore.
My thoughts were mesmerized by your sitar.
I kept the little flowers from India,
Artfully pressed to span a century.
Creative journeys never really end.
Our era is a lamp that still burns on.
I send some thoughts like flowers overseas
Their fragrance will outlast both you and me.
Your world class mind inspires me every day
To build a friendship bridge from West to East.
By touching souls with others, I touch yours.
The wonder of that sets two worlds alight.
'For the former editor of Ocarina, Dr. Amal Ghose who inspired
me to build friendship bridges between poets of the East and West'
Copyright,2008, Sandra Fowler
Sandra Fowler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) A Friendship Bridge by Sandra Fowler )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid