(1) A Friendship Bridge
You made me love the teachings of Tagore.
My thoughts were mesmerized by your sitar.
I kept the little flowers from India,
Artfully pressed to span a century.
Creative journeys never really end.
Our era is a lamp that still burns on.
I send some thoughts like flowers overseas
Their fragrance will outlast both you and me.
Your world class mind inspires me every day
To build a friendship bridge from West to East.
By touching souls with others, I touch yours.
The wonder of that sets two worlds alight.
'For the former editor of Ocarina, Dr. Amal Ghose who inspired
me to build friendship bridges between poets of the East and West'
Copyright,2008, Sandra Fowler
Sandra Fowler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) A Friendship Bridge by Sandra Fowler )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Not Strong Enough, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Past Woes, Naveed Akram
- Knowing Their Loss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Screwed for Life Club, Francie Lynch
- Let's Celebrate Life, Roxanne Dubarry
- Descendants, Akhtar Jawad
- The Heart Of A Poet, arshad arshad
- Have You Seen The Bizarre And Grotesque .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Know Like Flowing Water, Naveed Akram
- Elvis Presley, lee fones