(1) A Friendship Bridge
You made me love the teachings of Tagore.
My thoughts were mesmerized by your sitar.
I kept the little flowers from India,
Artfully pressed to span a century.
Creative journeys never really end.
Our era is a lamp that still burns on.
I send some thoughts like flowers overseas
Their fragrance will outlast both you and me.
Your world class mind inspires me every day
To build a friendship bridge from West to East.
By touching souls with others, I touch yours.
The wonder of that sets two worlds alight.
'For the former editor of Ocarina, Dr. Amal Ghose who inspired
me to build friendship bridges between poets of the East and West'
Copyright,2008, Sandra Fowler
Sandra Fowler's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((1) A Friendship Bridge by Sandra Fowler )
- Live Life Smiling, Elizabeth Garcia
- Quiet Dave, Adeosun Olamide
- We Are That, Tushar Ray
- Old-Fashioned Cosmology, douglas scotney
- Dreamt Of You 3, Michael McParland
- That's When You Do It, douglas scotney
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
- Gun Propaganda, Is It Poetry
- Silver Spoons, Mikey Bachman
- Perjury against the Innocent Punished by.., Dimitri Jagodinski
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(22 March 1941 -)