Born to Hate
I was sure
I meant a lot to Tommy.
He even told me
that all of his songs
were solely written for me.
But then he released
his new album
with titles like 'For Mary Anne'
and 'Mary's Song'.
He said he had found someone else
who made him feel
like he actually had
a purpose in life.
Mary Anne was full of spirit
I am anything but that.
I am morose and obscene.
I prefer staying at home
pounding on the piano
than to be hiking through the forest
collecting twigs and stones.
Maybe that is why he likes her.
I lacked all those things
and that is exactly what Tommy
was looking for.
for not telling me sooner.
I said it was fine
since we had only been friends.
Tommy found his other half,
He had long been looking for one
and he was certain I
would be his true love.
Then came along Mary Anne
who ruined my life
and made me the way I am today.
Maybe I really was born to hate.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I hate you. :)
Comments about this poem (Born to Hate by Unintelligible Susurration )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- We are ALL Broken, with a Capital F, Monk E. Biz
- 'The Fallen Angel', Wolfie Scott
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas