Born to Hate
I was sure
I meant a lot to Tommy.
He even told me
that all of his songs
were solely written for me.
But then he released
his new album
with titles like 'For Mary Anne'
and 'Mary's Song'.
He said he had found someone else
who made him feel
like he actually had
a purpose in life.
Mary Anne was full of spirit
I am anything but that.
I am morose and obscene.
I prefer staying at home
pounding on the piano
than to be hiking through the forest
collecting twigs and stones.
Maybe that is why he likes her.
I lacked all those things
and that is exactly what Tommy
was looking for.
for not telling me sooner.
I said it was fine
since we had only been friends.
Tommy found his other half,
He had long been looking for one
and he was certain I
would be his true love.
Then came along Mary Anne
who ruined my life
and made me the way I am today.
Maybe I really was born to hate.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I hate you. :)
Comments about this poem (Born to Hate by Unintelligible Susurration )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(18 July 1933)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
Poem of the Day
- Pain, Pain Knows No Race, Hebert Logerie
- God's Hands Of Love, Tom Zart
- Alone, Samantha Gronn
- David, Casey Renee Kiser
- She Stuck Her Butt Out At Me..., wanderer sailor
- Nine Views of the Huangshan, Paul Hartal
- Trying to Say Goodbye, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Autumn, Leong Ming Loong
- Colors, Tom Squires
- वक्त का तकाजा है vakt ka takaaja hai, hasmukh amathalal