Born to Hate
I was sure
I meant a lot to Tommy.
He even told me
that all of his songs
were solely written for me.
But then he released
his new album
with titles like 'For Mary Anne'
and 'Mary's Song'.
He said he had found someone else
who made him feel
like he actually had
a purpose in life.
Mary Anne was full of spirit
I am anything but that.
I am morose and obscene.
I prefer staying at home
pounding on the piano
than to be hiking through the forest
collecting twigs and stones.
Maybe that is why he likes her.
I lacked all those things
and that is exactly what Tommy
was looking for.
for not telling me sooner.
I said it was fine
since we had only been friends.
Tommy found his other half,
He had long been looking for one
and he was certain I
would be his true love.
Then came along Mary Anne
who ruined my life
and made me the way I am today.
Maybe I really was born to hate.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I hate you. :)
Comments about this poem (Born to Hate by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Go on, Sweet Bird, and Soothe my Care, Robert Burns
- Second Epistle to J. Lapraik, Robert Burns
- The Soldier's Return: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Epistle to Hugh Parker, Robert Burns
- Everlasting, Cee Bea
- Oh Daisy, Prophmatt . . .
- Versified Reply to an Invitation, Robert Burns
- Suppressed Stanzas of "The Vision&q.., Robert Burns
- mask, Aftab Alam
- উপলব্ধি-২, Yakub Ali
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)