I turn in the book of life
Another spring blossoms within me
In a myriad
Shapes and shades and colours
Another step I take, in the garden of being.
And the dew upon the grass
And smile as only she could
I look beyond my shadow, and the shadows in the mind.
And each flower is an eternal surprise.
Hymns to joys
The memories of tender lonely night
Melt into tears
That filled me, lie forgotten
As I reach for the sky
To hold her.
The brooks the stones
And the branches of the
Unfold the canvass
And find their colours.
Sit still, my fingers quiver
As I etch my image upon the
Sands of time.
Madhup Mohta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bookmarks by Madhup Mohta )
- Really Cancerous, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Prestiage, Vishal Sharma
- Halloween, Damian Murphy
- YOUNG AND INNOCENT, Philo Yan
- Tale of the Neck, Ima Ryma
- Life's Lived Long Lessons, Katherine Nordhaus
- Nigah-e-naaz (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Passages of Time, Phil Soar
- Listening To Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- bra maidenform, rwetewrt erwtwer
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Flower of Love, Oscar Wilde
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- rwetewrt erwtwer
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)