I turn in the book of life
Another spring blossoms within me
In a myriad
Shapes and shades and colours
Another step I take, in the garden of being.
And the dew upon the grass
And smile as only she could
I look beyond my shadow, and the shadows in the mind.
And each flower is an eternal surprise.
Hymns to joys
The memories of tender lonely night
Melt into tears
That filled me, lie forgotten
As I reach for the sky
To hold her.
The brooks the stones
And the branches of the
Unfold the canvass
And find their colours.
Sit still, my fingers quiver
As I etch my image upon the
Sands of time.
Madhup Mohta's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bookmarks by Madhup Mohta )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- it's no surprise i'm weeping, just a lit.., Mandolyn ...
- Culmination, Angell Afinowi
- A Flowers Telling of Orpheus, Skyler Ryan
- West, GRANT FRASER
- Hurricane Kaitlyn, Bernard Snyder
- Old Breath, GRANT FRASER
- Saints Rising, George Egba
- Hiroshima., Tony Adah
- Sun Exposed, Prasad Natarajan
- Libra Scale, Kewayne Wadley