Rainbows are fantasies,
Of an anaemic sun.
If only our eyes were prisms
Each Truth would have come clad
In a primary colour.
Dreams are facts,
Of life lived after-hours.
If only, we were awake
Each wish would come true
In the moment of its conception.
Songs are sorrows.
Of silences punctuated
If only we had heard
Each silence would have sung
With our heartbeats.
Flowers are memories,
Of fragrances dancing uncertainly.
If only we had remembered
Each scent would have embraced us in
An uncertain waltz.
Candles are suggestions.
Of light reducing us to shadows.
If only, we had opened our eyes
Each candle would have invited us
Into arms of a resplendent darkness.
If only, we had read
Each word would have promised
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Monika by Madhup Mohta )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I wouldn't ask more, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Let It Be Fatal, Deanna Lee
- A Blue Christmas Tree, Heather Burns
- Mother, and mother, gajanan mishra
- Father To A Daughter, louis rams
- James Foley, Hardik Vaidya
- Cowards, Hardik Vaidya
- Ye duniya jiski hai wohi sambhale- Ghazal, Talab ...
- One Day I Shall Not Remain Here, But My .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Yes, I am a man, gajanan mishra