Under the pine tree, the soft autumn breeze,
In the air the fragrance lingers of a beautiful day,
And the changing of colors, that just blows me away...
You asked me to be truthful so..., I did
I wonder was that really the right thing to do
Its like pulling grass with roots that stick to.
I've been putttin fence up around this part,
To hold back and retrain this roaming heart.
Baby don't you worry about me,
Yes I know you do, you see
This cowboy has rode, weathered storms,
Against torrent rivers of debris.
Baby It's not heartache I feel,
It's the tears that turn that water wheel.
And when the night comes and steals the day,
It will never be easy to have to walk away.
But yeah girl, all grown men cry,
when their about to lose somethin they love.
What I wouldn't do, not to walk away,
Oh baby what we goin to do?
It's the wind guiding the frail into world view,
But that's the thing about changing colors,
you don't get to choose who blows you away.
Now I sit here alone,
writing a song about you.
It spills from a hole, from this wild mustang soul
Like a waterfall of what I wouldn't do, to have you,
the melody of, I will always love you
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blown Away by Jay Aguiniga )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- someone asked me why i have so many jars.., Mandolyn ...
- Not A Fairytale, Apolynn Lagaras
- let's worship nothing, forever, Mandolyn ...
- Keep Patience and Stand, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Nothing Seems Right, Andrew Butler
- Seventeen Thoughts, A Lifetime, Kewayne Wadley
- Strangers Welcome, Kewayne Wadley
- What is truth?, Edward Clapham
- A Most Happy Holiday, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes
- Christmas - Christmas, Dorothy (Alves) Holmes