Under the pine tree, the soft autumn breeze,
In the air the fragrance lingers of a beautiful day,
And the changing of colors, that just blows me away...
You asked me to be truthful so..., I did
I wonder was that really the right thing to do
Its like pulling grass with roots that stick to.
I've been putttin fence up around this part,
To hold back and retrain this roaming heart.
Baby don't you worry about me,
Yes I know you do, you see
This cowboy has rode, weathered storms,
Against torrent rivers of debris.
Baby It's not heartache I feel,
It's the tears that turn that water wheel.
And when the night comes and steals the day,
It will never be easy to have to walk away.
But yeah girl, all grown men cry,
when their about to lose somethin they love.
What I wouldn't do, not to walk away,
Oh baby what we goin to do?
It's the wind guiding the frail into world view,
But that's the thing about changing colors,
you don't get to choose who blows you away.
Now I sit here alone,
writing a song about you.
It spills from a hole, from this wild mustang soul
Like a waterfall of what I wouldn't do, to have you,
the melody of, I will always love you
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blown Away by Jay Aguiniga )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Gray Room, Wallace Stevens
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1644 - 1694)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)