Under the pine tree, the soft autumn breeze,
In the air the fragrance lingers of a beautiful day,
And the changing of colors, that just blows me away...
You asked me to be truthful so..., I did
I wonder was that really the right thing to do
Its like pulling grass with roots that stick to.
I've been putttin fence up around this part,
To hold back and retrain this roaming heart.
Baby don't you worry about me,
Yes I know you do, you see
This cowboy has rode, weathered storms,
Against torrent rivers of debris.
Baby It's not heartache I feel,
It's the tears that turn that water wheel.
And when the night comes and steals the day,
It will never be easy to have to walk away.
But yeah girl, all grown men cry,
when their about to lose somethin they love.
What I wouldn't do, not to walk away,
Oh baby what we goin to do?
It's the wind guiding the frail into world view,
But that's the thing about changing colors,
you don't get to choose who blows you away.
Now I sit here alone,
writing a song about you.
It spills from a hole, from this wild mustang soul
Like a waterfall of what I wouldn't do, to have you,
the melody of, I will always love you
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blown Away by Jay Aguiniga )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Giving Praise (Cor.), Margaret Alice Second
- Princess Sakura (Regional Japan), Ronald Chapman
- What The Crab Told His Children, Tony Adah
- I've been sloppy losing you, Mark Heathcote
- LAST TIME MAYBE., Terry Collett
- Advice To My Son, Tony Adah
- ONE'S GOOD TRACE IN LIFE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears Tear Tears, V P Mahur
- Gretel's Reminiscence, mary douglas
- Still Imbued With The Living Rose, mary douglas