Standing out in front of me,
The halo hangs over the morning light
Soapy drops leave the center of the eye
The breeze flings them into flight.
Round prisms glistening,
Flinging them high into the morning sky
Each on a journey,
No direction in mind as they drift and fly.
Are we ourselves in a bubble?
Sailing through the cosmos
Just an intergalactic image in someone's Hubble?
Created by a whiff and shaped,
By what we just don't understand
How far will humankind go?
Long after the light ejects and expands.
I gently blow,
My worldly created universe is underway.
Drifting Far from these eyes,
Not from the imagination of this day.
Jay Aguiniga's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blowing Bubbles by Jay Aguiniga )
- Petals fall, Nassy Fesharaki
- Photo Thoughts, GRANT FRASER
- Make in India, gajanan mishra
- Respectable, Dean Meredith
- Artists, kassem oude
- दिनैनि गोसोखांथियाव, Ronjoy Brahma
- Make others do, gajanan mishra
- MY FEELINGS FOR YOU, AMADU KAMARA
- From Gandhiji's Quotes for Gandhi Jayanthi, Dr John Celes
- Seeing, Aparna Chatterjee
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)