Peter Daniel Phiri
Blessing In Disguise
For it's not wisdom I scribble on paper,
But junk that cloud my head with a seductive song that takes me to the horizon;
And further forward into oblivion,
Where only the impossible thoughts and dreams seem so true and real.
Mere awe and surprise are the tools to life and a passage to sanity.
I don't know why my heart is so fond of wonderous adventures that it constantly eludes my mind;
And communicates with my soul in whispers before their disagreement brings back reality,
Another long silence, and a forgotten memory.
I empty old thoughts and vague aspirations,
Like a well builder empties mud so that water may sprout;
So that wisdom and new imaginations may spring forth.
When I speak, they listen,
For they believe I speak their minds out, their fears and pain;
And give them the streangth to outdare this evil world.
But little do they know that their attention and presence frees me from my fears and demons;
And elevates me to superior layers of heaven.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Blessing In Disguise by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards
- Thoughts, Alfred Barna