Peter Daniel Phiri
Can We Bury This Love?
After some time, a bird leaves the nest,
And petulantly flies away just like the rest.
So am I suffocating you?
You say you need time and space to breathe;
Yet strangly, you look at me with a drooping face as I leave.
Beyond your eyes glitters wonderland,
Give me a spade, let's bury this love before I go mad.
Whither shall I wander? Eden or Dreamland?
Angels join my laughter, behold! A stairway to heaven.
Stars dropp at my feet like brethren,
I squeeze my eyes, is this real or its a dream?
But the Lord restores order, in my face your eyes beam.
Beyond your left eye is Eden, beyond your right is Dreamland.
Love is almighty, it won't leave us alone; It's prowling.
Virgin shyness swirls across your face;
In my own lake I'm drowning.
How deep is your psyche? I can't resist prying.
My prudence is provoked, I better change my pseudonym.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Bury This Love? by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- With elegant grace she overflowed, Erato
- My Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Sealed, Valerie Dohren
- Enamored Love, Lilly Emery
- The Futility Of Illusions, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Tour of Autumn, Cathy Hodgson
- The ache, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Ein schmaler Streifen kahler Klippen, Wolfgang Steinmann
- We've Got to Tear These Fences Down Yeah!, David Clinch
- It's My Home, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Identity, Cyrus Diaz
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Human Abstract, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Udiah (witness to Yah)