Peter Daniel Phiri
Can We Bury This Love?
After some time, a bird leaves the nest,
And petulantly flies away just like the rest.
So am I suffocating you?
You say you need time and space to breathe;
Yet strangly, you look at me with a drooping face as I leave.
Beyond your eyes glitters wonderland,
Give me a spade, let's bury this love before I go mad.
Whither shall I wander? Eden or Dreamland?
Angels join my laughter, behold! A stairway to heaven.
Stars dropp at my feet like brethren,
I squeeze my eyes, is this real or its a dream?
But the Lord restores order, in my face your eyes beam.
Beyond your left eye is Eden, beyond your right is Dreamland.
Love is almighty, it won't leave us alone; It's prowling.
Virgin shyness swirls across your face;
In my own lake I'm drowning.
How deep is your psyche? I can't resist prying.
My prudence is provoked, I better change my pseudonym.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Bury This Love? by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- Splendour, Robin Skyrde
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz