Peter Daniel Phiri
Can We Bury This Love?
After some time, a bird leaves the nest,
And petulantly flies away just like the rest.
So am I suffocating you?
You say you need time and space to breathe;
Yet strangly, you look at me with a drooping face as I leave.
Beyond your eyes glitters wonderland,
Give me a spade, let's bury this love before I go mad.
Whither shall I wander? Eden or Dreamland?
Angels join my laughter, behold! A stairway to heaven.
Stars dropp at my feet like brethren,
I squeeze my eyes, is this real or its a dream?
But the Lord restores order, in my face your eyes beam.
Beyond your left eye is Eden, beyond your right is Dreamland.
Love is almighty, it won't leave us alone; It's prowling.
Virgin shyness swirls across your face;
In my own lake I'm drowning.
How deep is your psyche? I can't resist prying.
My prudence is provoked, I better change my pseudonym.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can We Bury This Love? by Peter Daniel Phiri )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- Time be quite, Filippo Stella