Little King of Sorrows
The alluring scent lingers in disaster's wake,
but I shall hold my breath,
for the stench of desire will only suffocate my soul once again,
enticing aroma of a bittersweet death.
Those piecing blue sapphires picking apart my daily thoughts,
to be retarded and brain-dead the only defense,
for thinking is forever linked to feeling,
a dagger to the soul that can never make sense.
The most haunting echo's singing a tormented serenade,
of friendship betrayed by sinful lust,
the purest words now stained by the blackness of confusion,
what I hear, never again shall I trust.
The most chilling of goosebumps dance in mockery,
a spirit trespasses my form despite inner protests to stay clear,
for as long as the unknown exists within me,
the purpose of this visit is what I fear.
The dryness of words unspoken stifle my sounds,
the bloody aftertaste of harsh words uttered in rage,
muted by a memory I can't spit away,
I continue to lick the bars of my self-created cage.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet Death by Little King of Sorrows )
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari الاستاذ ياسر ن.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery