BIRD ON A WIRE
Bird on a wire, up there much higher
than the poeple on the ground.
Do you observe all those you see
or stay intent on what you've found?
That sitting on a wire is just a good perch
that provides you a place to rest.
You may be joined by others of your kind
and that can't happen in a nest.
Bird on a wire, such a good flier,
it amazes me how you land.
You travel from wire to wire as if
you are making a stand
'This is my place. Yours is below
and you may look up to me.
You would not trade places. Neither would I
for it's dangerous up here you see.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BIRD ON A WIRE by Edwina Reizer )
- The Drunkard Saheb Lying Fallen And His .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Circles, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Oxygen of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Orospu, Muzaffer Akin
- Desperation in the eyes, Emmanuel George Cefai
- the Olympians, Emmanuel George Cefai
- we develop in pain, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Chances of life, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Permutations and combinations, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Haiku. Blind (5-7-5), Valsa George
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The House of My Childhood, Dilip Chitre
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)