Betrayed by you
He took my trust
and threw it out the door
I told him to stop
He didn't, he did more
I believed everyword
That he would say
I have the memories
Each and Everyday
You lied after lie
Broke me more then before
The thought comes in,
Why don't I die.
Then I wouldn't feel,
Feel all this pain.
I've lost everything
Nothings been gained
I need someone to relate
Someone to cry to, and shed my tears
Someone to open that gate
And determine my fate.
I don't know what to do
I was betrayed by you.
Julie McLeod's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Betrayed by you by Julie McLeod )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.