Sorry Teacher my homework isn’t done,
It was not that I was busy or having too much fun.
I just have had a lot of bad luck lately,
So I will tell you teacher why my homework isn’t done.
On my way home there was a zombie apocalypse.
To add to that the scientists over estimated 2012,
It came in 2013; I lost it as I saw the ground collapse.
I went air surfing, since it was such a nice day,
But there was a jet nearby, and he came to close.
I’m sorry to say the paper flew quite far away.
You must believe me, Miss it’s true I insist,
I bet you think that’s all I’ve got, but no.
I have more excuses and they go just like this…
Julie McLeod's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exuses.. Excuses by Julie McLeod )
- You, Arich Cole
- Remembered With The Best Thoughts Kept, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Never From You To Leave, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Perfect Balancing Of Creativity, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Remaining Respectful, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Loyal Friendship, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Invisible, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- Separating Sorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Subsequent Melody, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
- The Catalyst, Kimberly Joyce Roguis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)