Sorry Teacher my homework isn’t done,
It was not that I was busy or having too much fun.
I just have had a lot of bad luck lately,
So I will tell you teacher why my homework isn’t done.
On my way home there was a zombie apocalypse.
To add to that the scientists over estimated 2012,
It came in 2013; I lost it as I saw the ground collapse.
I went air surfing, since it was such a nice day,
But there was a jet nearby, and he came to close.
I’m sorry to say the paper flew quite far away.
You must believe me, Miss it’s true I insist,
I bet you think that’s all I’ve got, but no.
I have more excuses and they go just like this…
Julie McLeod's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exuses.. Excuses by Julie McLeod )
- Silent Witness, James coupland
- A happy Farmer Family, Nishchal Ningleku
- Yes and no two words, gajanan mishra
- sister forever, yolandey breedt
- Diya (Reposted), DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Life is better shared, belinda mrwebi
- What Is It?, Leloudia Migdali
- Wald, Paola Degli Esposti
- Sex Ed, Betsy Sholl
- Creamer Quest, Antonio Liao
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)