Sorry Teacher my homework isn’t done,
It was not that I was busy or having too much fun.
I just have had a lot of bad luck lately,
So I will tell you teacher why my homework isn’t done.
On my way home there was a zombie apocalypse.
To add to that the scientists over estimated 2012,
It came in 2013; I lost it as I saw the ground collapse.
I went air surfing, since it was such a nice day,
But there was a jet nearby, and he came to close.
I’m sorry to say the paper flew quite far away.
You must believe me, Miss it’s true I insist,
I bet you think that’s all I’ve got, but no.
I have more excuses and they go just like this…
Julie McLeod's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Exuses.. Excuses by Julie McLeod )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov