How do you say to your lover and friend
that your love has come to an end?
That there’s no hope to continue,
because the struggle within you
has broken what just couldn’t bend?
What do you say
when love has withered away,
and now all that’s left is a shell?
And you can’t just break free,
your mind throws your heart into Hell.
Because it’s not right to just go,
or to put on a show,
but you’d hate to cause someone to cry.
Your heart is in pieces,
thoughts and love both show creases,
and now all you can say is the lie….“I love you”.
Diem Enjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bent by Diem Enjee )
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry
- A City Called Nirvana, Akujuobi Chijioke
- Dragon Kite Tanka, Chenou Liu
- Butterfly Kite Haiku, Chenou Liu
- Nightmares With No End, Lilly Emery
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris