Ace Of Black Hearts
When I bare your name from my cold lips.
What is it you think it means to me?
You think your something special?
It's not so special.
No I don't think so.
Just another forgotten lover.
Already put in her grave.
I mourn you not.
Because you are a hearts rot.
You made so many baseless assumptions.
When I walk through my ice castle it is not you I see.
No that require appearances you haven't owned.
A faceless coward, hiding behind the darkness.
Oh no you won't show yourself.
So ashamed of who you really are.
That is not my fault.
You need to face up to your own issues before you call foul.
I never threw in the towel.
I was never in the game at all.
An image bearing my resemblance maybe.
For the eyes go wanting.
But these kind of illusions can be haunting.
A diluted concept of the daunting.
Was it my gestures, or the my moving eyes that makes you think that I wanted your undesired advances.
The cold shoulder, the cold shower.
Sometimes I wonder what more I could have done to turn you away.
The danger is in the lust and love madness in which you have no control.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baseless Assumptions by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Cloud In Trousers - part I, Vladimir Vladimirovich Mayak ..
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- So Let Us Love, Edmund Spenser
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies
- I Live, Tanja Henderson