Ace Of Black Hearts
When I bare your name from my cold lips.
What is it you think it means to me?
You think your something special?
It's not so special.
No I don't think so.
Just another forgotten lover.
Already put in her grave.
I mourn you not.
Because you are a hearts rot.
You made so many baseless assumptions.
When I walk through my ice castle it is not you I see.
No that require appearances you haven't owned.
A faceless coward, hiding behind the darkness.
Oh no you won't show yourself.
So ashamed of who you really are.
That is not my fault.
You need to face up to your own issues before you call foul.
I never threw in the towel.
I was never in the game at all.
An image bearing my resemblance maybe.
For the eyes go wanting.
But these kind of illusions can be haunting.
A diluted concept of the daunting.
Was it my gestures, or the my moving eyes that makes you think that I wanted your undesired advances.
The cold shoulder, the cold shower.
Sometimes I wonder what more I could have done to turn you away.
The danger is in the lust and love madness in which you have no control.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baseless Assumptions by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)