Ace Of Black Hearts
When I bare your name from my cold lips.
What is it you think it means to me?
You think your something special?
It's not so special.
No I don't think so.
Just another forgotten lover.
Already put in her grave.
I mourn you not.
Because you are a hearts rot.
You made so many baseless assumptions.
When I walk through my ice castle it is not you I see.
No that require appearances you haven't owned.
A faceless coward, hiding behind the darkness.
Oh no you won't show yourself.
So ashamed of who you really are.
That is not my fault.
You need to face up to your own issues before you call foul.
I never threw in the towel.
I was never in the game at all.
An image bearing my resemblance maybe.
For the eyes go wanting.
But these kind of illusions can be haunting.
A diluted concept of the daunting.
Was it my gestures, or the my moving eyes that makes you think that I wanted your undesired advances.
The cold shoulder, the cold shower.
Sometimes I wonder what more I could have done to turn you away.
The danger is in the lust and love madness in which you have no control.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baseless Assumptions by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- In my heart - you are, gajanan mishra
- 9 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 2 August 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 31 July 2014, Shri R Brahma
- It's October 1st. Did you pay your mortg.., Jena Crowe
- Princess Diana, Sonia Ode Lucci
- Revolution, Revolution, Revolu -, Romella Kitchens
- हमें आपके लिए.. hame aapke liye, hasmukh amathalal
- Dusky Day in Dallas, michael walker
- Mom, Barbara Dixion
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)