Ace Of Black Hearts
When I bare your name from my cold lips.
What is it you think it means to me?
You think your something special?
It's not so special.
No I don't think so.
Just another forgotten lover.
Already put in her grave.
I mourn you not.
Because you are a hearts rot.
You made so many baseless assumptions.
When I walk through my ice castle it is not you I see.
No that require appearances you haven't owned.
A faceless coward, hiding behind the darkness.
Oh no you won't show yourself.
So ashamed of who you really are.
That is not my fault.
You need to face up to your own issues before you call foul.
I never threw in the towel.
I was never in the game at all.
An image bearing my resemblance maybe.
For the eyes go wanting.
But these kind of illusions can be haunting.
A diluted concept of the daunting.
Was it my gestures, or the my moving eyes that makes you think that I wanted your undesired advances.
The cold shoulder, the cold shower.
Sometimes I wonder what more I could have done to turn you away.
The danger is in the lust and love madness in which you have no control.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Baseless Assumptions by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Not His Cartoons, Prof Niamat Ali Murtazai
- what is a compliment, lee fones
- our Archie, our one eyed parrot, lee fones
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time Minorityism Is Not Good At .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Modern Indian English Poetess In The G.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Funeral March, RoseAnn V. Shawiak