Autumn prepares the earth for the cold of winter
The warmth of the summer sun has gone
Now chill winds blow autumn leaves from trees
Making a patchwork quilt on woodland paths.
Autumn brings rainy days and cloud filled skies
And chilled dark mornings glistening in the rain.
On farms the harvest is gathered in and put
In vast barns and silo’s ready for winter.
Nature starts to gather food for the coming winter
And birds play musical chairs with some flying
South for the winter only to be replaced with
Other birds flying in from colder climates.
The world turns as it travels through time and space;
Soon winter will close down nature where
Survival of the fittest is the order of the day
And a snow covered landscape beckons all.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Autumn by David Wood )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal
- A New Experience, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Messages and Messengers, Liilia Talts Morrison