Religion demonized woman,
Caused the snake to rattle and the earth to quake.
With dawn of the letter to man,
Nature never knew before such a fake!
It is now a power game,
To control power of the purse!
Greed enticed by fame,
And fortune eyes a man's curse.
Before man crafted leather Books,
Eve and snake were life-giving symbols
And antiquity displayed in marble their looks,
And sought Pythia's prophecies and her signals.
Each time Adam is in a lecturing mood,
Guilt and gridlock cloaked God's true religion.
Poetry is God's persona of womanhood,
While testosterone from fears speak in pidgin!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Revised Oct 21 2014
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Augury by Leaking Pen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou