Lawrence S. Pertillar
Are We To Get Close To Disclosing The Answers?
When minds are already committed,
To unlimited delusions permitted...
That the inflicting of pain and sorrows to sustain,
Is no more than a game to disregard...
The value of life and the seriousness of it.
For the purpose to keep fantasies,
Alive to thrive...
As many maimed and wounded,
And others killed for the thrill and sport of it...
Leave those surviving left to wonder,
Where do such ideals originate to accept and exist.
What price is paid to keep this deceit?
Are we to get close to disclosing the answers?
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Are We To Get Close To Disclosing The Answers? by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hollow, Michael McParland
- Him, Her, And Us, Michael McParland
- Here We Are, Michael McParland
- Help Me, Michael McParland
- Your Berries Are Diseased, Naveed Akram
- Hellraiser, Michael McParland
- Recollections Of Pittsburg, Kate Harrington
- He Lives, Michael McParland
- Confusion, Michael McParland
- Haunting Nightmares, Michael McParland