Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Are We To Get Close To Disclosing The Answers?
When minds are already committed,
To unlimited delusions permitted...
That the inflicting of pain and sorrows to sustain,
Is no more than a game to disregard...
The value of life and the seriousness of it.
For the purpose to keep fantasies,
Alive to thrive...
As many maimed and wounded,
And others killed for the thrill and sport of it...
Leave those surviving left to wonder,
Where do such ideals originate to accept and exist.
What price is paid to keep this deceit?
Are we to get close to disclosing the answers?
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.