Sometimes it is because they are tripped
No one really to show them the way
Easily received but selfishly not wanted
Left to their own devises and what they know
They land on dirty grown, grubby nails and knees
and they scramble around in ignorant bliss
Sometimes it is because they were pushed
S omeone forgets to polish the treasure
Taken for granted that the ring was binding
Left to their longing and desires
and what they deserve
They fall on soft feathers,
that leave imprints of guilty relief,
and they languish a while.
Sometimes it is out of the blue for no good reason at all
No one trips them, no one pushes them
A grip so tight round the heart
They land in the ocean that is their heart
and it must be deep enough for all this love
as nothing else makes any sense.
Few are the angels that keep their wings
Please don't look down on us in that way
This flight for you was smooth
We all chose whether we live
cushioned by a cloud or on the ground!
Stevie Taite's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angels fall by Stevie Taite )
- I Do Not Have Any Word, Neela Nath
- The Puzzle, Ravikumar C.P.
- 'O' Cloud of My Skies, Aftab Alam
- My Words And Her Words, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison