Anarchy In Italy
Announced on the breakfast show
We choke on our coffee and
Mothers call their daughters
Fathers call their sons.
The news is overwhelming
And spreads throughout the land.
Fascists, liberals, communists
“Together, hand in hand,
We’ll fight it on the coastline
We’ll fight it on the sand.”
Riots in the city, disorder in the land.
Italians indivisible, got to take a stand.
United by the shocking news,
“Topless on beaches –banned”.
Sallie Howson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Anarchy In Italy by Sallie Howson )
- Malaria, hasmukh amathalal
- The life we have lived, Goodenough Sakhile Dlamini
- At our will, hasmukh amathalal
- See the fishes, hasmukh amathalal
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra