There is a time for rhyme,
And then there is another time.
There is a face I show,
And in another place,
Another face to see
And then there's me.
Is it me that in my rhyme I see,
Or do I lie?
What shall I be?
The mirror stands before,
Its image I ignore.
I wear a mask,
And still I ask,
What can this wretched creature be?
I seek a key to set me free,
But still the door lies open.
The way is marked with lantern clear
But still I stumble.
These words they trickle from my mind
In permutated jumble.
The truth I see,
The words aren't me,
But I am my word's decree.
Greg Davidson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Introspection by Greg Davidson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It is no surprise, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Spiritual Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I Saw Planets, Naveed Akram
- Saviour By The Road Side, Juwon Daniel
- went a walk, lee fones
- The Moon's Present Woe, cheryl davis miller
- Funeral, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Mount Patsy Land, Richard Thripp
- dOnE - Paying kEtCh uP, sEaN nOrTh
- Laid as wreath, hasmukh amathalal