RoseAnn V. Shawiak
An Emptiness Inside
Riding around town has left me feeling lost and down tonight,
usually it helps pick me up and makes things better.
What is wrong? What is different about this dark and lonely
It isn't lack of love or anything like that, just an emptiness
inside that can't be quenched. Why tonight? Will this cold
numb feeling ever go away again?
How much longer can I go on driving, looking for the thing
that will fill me up again?
Losing someone you love is the worst thing to happen in this
world, it's where life has stopped caring about everything,
but a loved one's lost life.
There's no happiness or joy, no one to comfort or ease the
pain, just a long tunnel of nothing, nothing evermore.
There's no love left in life to give to someone who once was
loved and now has died.
What sort of meaning can anyone get from it? I know of none,
because a loved one has died and I can find no reasoning for
it to have happened like this.
How can I go on without my life being whole ever again? Can
anyone tell me? Can anyone make some sense of all this death?
No one can.
Alone, I suffer through this thing on my own with some love
waiting on the sidelines, trying it's best to cheer me on to
the rest of my life.
Yet, I am still alone.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (An Emptiness Inside by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- To Much Rain, Phil Soar
- Darlene comes in you, Dwitun Basumatary
- Call Bridge, Dwitun Basumatary
- unsaid feelings, tulip mayer
- Earth, Robert Ronnow
- Way home on a Train, Dwitun Basumatary
- Our House In Winter, Tony Adah
- The X-Man, Dwitun Basumatary
- Wintertime, Damian Murphy
- One cloudy summer night, Kenneth Maswabi