Alone In The Rain
As silence turned to pitter patter,
I stood out in the open, waiting for clouds to scatter.
One star fell on my cheek
Coursing its way down my face, hesitant and meek.
My eyes stared into the endless void
My face was blank, of all emotions devoid.
The rain had started to pour in a torrential frenzy
Adrenaline pumped heart was beating crazy.
The rain drenched my body, my soul remained dry
Draining its last moisture in a fruitless cry.
I was alone, alone in the thriving city,
Alone in the rain, no one to take any pity.
Plummeted down each dropp of rain.
Along with water, bringing back the pain.
Our endless talks, reasonless laughter all looked miles away
You, the only one with me had now chosen to go away.
Each mirror reflected our beautiful time together
Each meeting its end with a deafening shatter.
I still stand, waiting for you to come and hug me,
If not love, please accept me.
If you don't want me tell me straight away,
I'll dissolve in this rain, not living for another day.
I just wish that by leaving me something you have attained.
This rain of pain will not end until I meet you again.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone In The Rain by Isabella Francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock
- Crying Sun, Bill Cantrell
- Opening Wisdom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- MAN LIVES ONE TIME ON OUR EARTH الانسان .., MOHAMMAD SKATI