Rushing through my cheeks like a waterfall,
Beware of the night when tears fall.
Beware, for they won't let me sleep,
All through the night I'll have to weep.
Cry silently, try to wake no one up,
Who cares? because I'm the only one up,
To fight for all and lose for none,
In tormenting me life has great fun.
In an attempt to make others' life glitter,
I dive for pearls and for life splutter.
But behind the scenes there is someone who is waiting for a cue,
And she, is sure to come to my rescue.
Even when I'm utterly scared,
She comes to make sure that I am spared.
Even if she is sad her cheerful chatter knows no end,
Yes, she was, is and will be my bestest friend.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Someone by Isabella Francis )
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Death Be Not Proud: A parody (with apolo.., Arindom Borah
- Funerall Elegy VII, Francis Quarles
- YOU MAKE ME RICH!, Seema joglekar
- My Wife, dee villa
- Ema ايما, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)