Rushing through my cheeks like a waterfall,
Beware of the night when tears fall.
Beware, for they won't let me sleep,
All through the night I'll have to weep.
Cry silently, try to wake no one up,
Who cares? because I'm the only one up,
To fight for all and lose for none,
In tormenting me life has great fun.
In an attempt to make others' life glitter,
I dive for pearls and for life splutter.
But behind the scenes there is someone who is waiting for a cue,
And she, is sure to come to my rescue.
Even when I'm utterly scared,
She comes to make sure that I am spared.
Even if she is sad her cheerful chatter knows no end,
Yes, she was, is and will be my bestest friend.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Someone by Isabella Francis )
- ~The Exiled Queen~, E Nigma
- wild rabbit., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Address to Wm. Tytler, Esq., of Woodhous.., Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Carron Iron Works, Robert Burns
- The Belles of Mauchline, Robert Burns
- Bhai Phonta, Brother's Paste, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Lord a-Hunting he is gane, Robert Burns
- Lines on the Author's Death, Robert Burns
- Verses on Captain Grose, Robert Burns
- Eyes They See, Diplove gautam
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Man, Sidney Watson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)