Angel Of Death
Laying down pained, scarred and half dead, wanting to scream
Calling on to the Angel of Death to free me.
She came dressed in blazing white
Gave me the ability to fight life’s fight.
She had taken pity on me and seen through me into my soul
She killed my weaknesses and revived me whole.
She strangled my disappointments and killed my sorrows
And prepared me to face many unexpected tomorrows.
The negative, weak and half dead me slept totally,
The positive, strong and radiant me was awakened fully.
Now the Angel and I are best of friends
We’ll be with each other till our very end.
Presently my life is preserved just for her,
Till death parts us we’ll be together.
One day, I was broken beyond repair
My love had snatched himself away by means unfair.
That day she took my ultimate and last clue
She, the Angel of Death relieved me and did my ultimate rescue.
The Angel of Death who had become my Angel of Life
Had given me the greatest help and freed me from strife.
Now, free from all bondages we are together
Even death cannot separate us residing in heaven together.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel Of Death by Isabella Francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Let's Think About Humanity, Prodip Kumar
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese