Angel Of Death
Laying down pained, scarred and half dead, wanting to scream
Calling on to the Angel of Death to free me.
She came dressed in blazing white
Gave me the ability to fight life’s fight.
She had taken pity on me and seen through me into my soul
She killed my weaknesses and revived me whole.
She strangled my disappointments and killed my sorrows
And prepared me to face many unexpected tomorrows.
The negative, weak and half dead me slept totally,
The positive, strong and radiant me was awakened fully.
Now the Angel and I are best of friends
We’ll be with each other till our very end.
Presently my life is preserved just for her,
Till death parts us we’ll be together.
One day, I was broken beyond repair
My love had snatched himself away by means unfair.
That day she took my ultimate and last clue
She, the Angel of Death relieved me and did my ultimate rescue.
The Angel of Death who had become my Angel of Life
Had given me the greatest help and freed me from strife.
Now, free from all bondages we are together
Even death cannot separate us residing in heaven together.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel Of Death by Isabella Francis )
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
- May our friendship last forever;, Cheryl .J Barclay
- SPICES OF LIFE, Philo Yan
- Flower & Sickle, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fear No More, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)