Angel Of Death
Laying down pained, scarred and half dead, wanting to scream
Calling on to the Angel of Death to free me.
She came dressed in blazing white
Gave me the ability to fight life’s fight.
She had taken pity on me and seen through me into my soul
She killed my weaknesses and revived me whole.
She strangled my disappointments and killed my sorrows
And prepared me to face many unexpected tomorrows.
The negative, weak and half dead me slept totally,
The positive, strong and radiant me was awakened fully.
Now the Angel and I are best of friends
We’ll be with each other till our very end.
Presently my life is preserved just for her,
Till death parts us we’ll be together.
One day, I was broken beyond repair
My love had snatched himself away by means unfair.
That day she took my ultimate and last clue
She, the Angel of Death relieved me and did my ultimate rescue.
The Angel of Death who had become my Angel of Life
Had given me the greatest help and freed me from strife.
Now, free from all bondages we are together
Even death cannot separate us residing in heaven together.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel Of Death by Isabella Francis )
- Dirt of love, akram saqib
- scotch is tape, not a cocktail, Mandolyn ...
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- The Rose that Grew from Concrete, Tupac Shakur
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)