Lighter than feathers, blacker than coal, they lied in front of me
Ashes of my burnt heart were they for me to see.
My heart had been hurt countless in the past
It was broken by many whom it trusted fast.
It made me take pathetic decisions and think of love
It overshadowed my brain lying a few inches above.
But now my way was clear
To climb up in life's ladder the time was near.
I'll miss my heart because it contained my true friends
Now, it is too late to make amends.
I bent down and picked up a pinch of ash,
Wrapped in silk I'll save it in a secret stash.
My heart now flows down with the rain
I go away happy, sad and in-sane.
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ashes by Isabella Francis )
- _Erato my Muse of love poetry, Erato
- AN EMOTIONAL STORY I COULDN'T TELL, Godspower Oshodin
- Shift and Drift, Aftab Alam
- Rivalry is humane to time, Ajala Samuel Akindele
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid