Lighter than feathers, blacker than coal, they lied in front of me
Ashes of my burnt heart were they for me to see.
My heart had been hurt countless in the past
It was broken by many whom it trusted fast.
It made me take pathetic decisions and think of love
It overshadowed my brain lying a few inches above.
But now my way was clear
To climb up in life's ladder the time was near.
I'll miss my heart because it contained my true friends
Now, it is too late to make amends.
I bent down and picked up a pinch of ash,
Wrapped in silk I'll save it in a secret stash.
My heart now flows down with the rain
I go away happy, sad and in-sane.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ashes by Isabella Francis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- LOVE....................., BUNMI OROGUN SAMUEL
- My Mind Paints, Kyle Schlicher
- The Black Cat With The Burning Eyes Jump.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Chatia Baba, The Lord of The Woods!, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Held You In My Arms, Kyle Schlicher
- i'm tired..., Cherryl Ann Ilustre
- Poetess, Angela Khristin Brown
- In the midst, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Dance, Angela Khristin Brown
- the colored girl, Angela Khristin Brown