Kazi Nazrul Islam
Allah is my Lord, I fear no one
Allah is my Lord. I fear no one.
Muhammad is our prophet.
Throughout the world his praise is sung.
I have my Quran.
Why should I fear any one?
Islam is my religion.
The Kalima is my amulet,
The Tauhid my guide,
Iman is my shield and the crescent my reading fight.
Allah-u-Akbar is my battle cry,
And my final destination is Paradise
where the Arsh of Allah lies.
The Muslims of the world, in China or in India,
in Egypt or in Arabia,
are my brothers dear.
Here all are equal,
There is no class distinction here.
Here we wake up and arise
at the sound of the same takbir
Here we are one body one heart one soul
Here the prince and the pauper play the same
In this world of Islam
I know that the ultimate victory will be mine,
I know that through Islam alone
can I achieve my final goal.
[Original in Bangla: Allah amar Prabhu; Translation: Kabir Chowdhury]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Allah is my Lord, I fear no one by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Lie, Sydney Bramer
- Christmas Holiday Thanks, louis rams
- Worthless, Sydney Bramer
- Wishing..., Almedia Knight Oliver
- I Do Love, michael walkerjohn
- My Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- Christmas Holiday Guest, louis rams
- Pretty Baby, Vera Sidhwa
- I Thought of You Today, Vera Sidhwa
- I Love You Kira 5, Michael P. McParland