Kazi Nazrul Islam
Allah is my Lord, I fear no one
Allah is my Lord. I fear no one.
Muhammad is our prophet.
Throughout the world his praise is sung.
I have my Quran.
Why should I fear any one?
Islam is my religion.
The Kalima is my amulet,
The Tauhid my guide,
Iman is my shield and the crescent my reading fight.
Allah-u-Akbar is my battle cry,
And my final destination is Paradise
where the Arsh of Allah lies.
The Muslims of the world, in China or in India,
in Egypt or in Arabia,
are my brothers dear.
Here all are equal,
There is no class distinction here.
Here we wake up and arise
at the sound of the same takbir
Here we are one body one heart one soul
Here the prince and the pauper play the same
In this world of Islam
I know that the ultimate victory will be mine,
I know that through Islam alone
can I achieve my final goal.
[Original in Bangla: Allah amar Prabhu; Translation: Kabir Chowdhury]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Allah is my Lord, I fear no one by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
- Psalm 070, Forrest Hainline
- What is said in autobiography, gajanan mishra
- The weird erotica, Marcel Aouizerate
- Acting Judge, Tim caffery
- Your lovely smile, Jesus James Llorico
- Past Reloaded, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)