Kazi Nazrul Islam
My eyes don't go by forbidding;
so does my mind
neither by forbidding nor by weeping.
Over the ages I have been looking for you
staying at roadside,
tears rolled down overflowing my banks
not caring for eye wash.
I am alone in the midst of all
which is why I long to see you
death, too, reckons none barring you.
[Original: Noyon je mor; Translation: Mohammad Nurul Huda]
Kazi Nazrul Islam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Alone by Kazi Nazrul Islam )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...
- Live to Sleep, Robert Kane
- Devil Tree, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- My Translations!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- It's an illusion, Gopikrishnan Nair