All eyes are on Us
Oh, kiss me in January in the summer heat of Australia and whisper coolly with your breath that you'll always love me.
Let the five virgins envy me more. That's it, kiss me on the cheek. Kiss me on the lips with your manly hand on my hip.
Let the five virgins embarrassingly turn their heads.
I'll loudly and proudly, yell out.
Look what my lover does to me. He kisses me more beneath the mango tree.
I'll spread the blanket for our lunch, while the curious virgins watch. We'll sit beneath the mango tree where the mangos are still waiting to be kissed by the sun.
We'll have some fun!
The virgins hate to watch me kiss a fellow.
They turn yellow.
We'll show them just how much you love me!
I'll yell out he loves me more!
He thinks I'm no bore.
But, I'm no whore.
The curly redheaded freckled virgin will envy me more.
The long blonde hair virgin kissed by the sun will shyly turn her rosy cheek.
The dark brunette virgin, with fair skin will stare, with her accusing eyes; while wanting you all the more.
While the dimpled twins will gaily smile and peek through their fingers.
You'll cup my cheeks with your hands and press your lips against mine, and we'll forget about the watchful eyes that are staring at us. Will kiss, and kiss until the virgins go away!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All eyes are on Us by Patricia Kelley )
- Futurism Today, Peter Jay Shippy
- Soul, Peter Jay Shippy
- Shadow of Death, Tosin Abegunde
- Graceful ghost rag, Peter Jay Shippy
- The State-Progress Of Ill, Lord Edward Herbert of Cherb ..
- On the perilous effects of buried alien .., Peter Jay Shippy
- To Heal a Weakling Child, Peter Jay Shippy
- Reading Rilke's Sonnets to Children, Peter Jay Shippy
- Sonnet on the Author's Birthday, Robert Burns
- Promises, Ahmed Tawfik
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(20 October 1854 – 10 November 1891)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)