All eyes are on Us
Oh, kiss me in January in the summer heat of Australia and whisper coolly with your breath that you'll always love me.
Let the five virgins envy me more. That's it, kiss me on the cheek. Kiss me on the lips with your manly hand on my hip.
Let the five virgins embarrassingly turn their heads.
I'll loudly and proudly, yell out.
Look what my lover does to me. He kisses me more beneath the mango tree.
I'll spread the blanket for our lunch, while the curious virgins watch. We'll sit beneath the mango tree where the mangos are still waiting to be kissed by the sun.
We'll have some fun!
The virgins hate to watch me kiss a fellow.
They turn yellow.
We'll show them just how much you love me!
I'll yell out he loves me more!
He thinks I'm no bore.
But, I'm no whore.
The curly redheaded freckled virgin will envy me more.
The long blonde hair virgin kissed by the sun will shyly turn her rosy cheek.
The dark brunette virgin, with fair skin will stare, with her accusing eyes; while wanting you all the more.
While the dimpled twins will gaily smile and peek through their fingers.
You'll cup my cheeks with your hands and press your lips against mine, and we'll forget about the watchful eyes that are staring at us. Will kiss, and kiss until the virgins go away!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All eyes are on Us by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(9 April 1821 – 31 August 1867)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak