All eyes are on Us
Oh, kiss me in January in the summer heat of Australia and whisper coolly with your breath that you'll always love me.
Let the five virgins envy me more. That's it, kiss me on the cheek. Kiss me on the lips with your manly hand on my hip.
Let the five virgins embarrassingly turn their heads.
I'll loudly and proudly, yell out.
Look what my lover does to me. He kisses me more beneath the mango tree.
I'll spread the blanket for our lunch, while the curious virgins watch. We'll sit beneath the mango tree where the mangos are still waiting to be kissed by the sun.
We'll have some fun!
The virgins hate to watch me kiss a fellow.
They turn yellow.
We'll show them just how much you love me!
I'll yell out he loves me more!
He thinks I'm no bore.
But, I'm no whore.
The curly redheaded freckled virgin will envy me more.
The long blonde hair virgin kissed by the sun will shyly turn her rosy cheek.
The dark brunette virgin, with fair skin will stare, with her accusing eyes; while wanting you all the more.
While the dimpled twins will gaily smile and peek through their fingers.
You'll cup my cheeks with your hands and press your lips against mine, and we'll forget about the watchful eyes that are staring at us. Will kiss, and kiss until the virgins go away!
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (All eyes are on Us by Patricia Kelley )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 February 1970-)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Silent Noon, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- motherly love, Candymarie Nevin
- Random Thought, fletcher maddern
- Still Awake 2, Michael P. McParland
- Esprit de corps, Naveed Khalid
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh