Ah! What I Thought..
Ah! I thought I'd write,
With power and light.
No, darkness around,
But, musical sound,
Would be roaming around me!
I got a lot of friends,
as it is our trend,
to exchange opinion
and talking over phone.
I spent my days in glee.
I built a castle in air,
sitting on my chair,
But, I had no other aim
I kept on writing poem.
and sought nectar as honey bee!
and sang the mirthful song.
Oh, God! I was so wrong!
One day my friend vanished,
it seemed as if got punished,
I drowned in pensive sea.
A demon came in his place,
Though I did not see his face,
His scornful flashy mail,
threw me in utter hell
I forgot O god thee!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ah! What I Thought.. by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Maternity, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Crematorium, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- unheard pleas, cheynne dries
- The Mild Tiger Among Wild Men, rajendran muthiah
- dont take your life, cheynne dries
- My Life, M.J Donnchadh
- The Living Mirror, Jessica Gabanyic
- caked mud on the doorbell, Mandolyn ...
- Magnificent Armada, Saiom Shriver
- What is final, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)