Ah! What I Thought..
Ah! I thought I'd write,
With power and light.
No, darkness around,
But, musical sound,
Would be roaming around me!
I got a lot of friends,
as it is our trend,
to exchange opinion
and talking over phone.
I spent my days in glee.
I built a castle in air,
sitting on my chair,
But, I had no other aim
I kept on writing poem.
and sought nectar as honey bee!
and sang the mirthful song.
Oh, God! I was so wrong!
One day my friend vanished,
it seemed as if got punished,
I drowned in pensive sea.
A demon came in his place,
Though I did not see his face,
His scornful flashy mail,
threw me in utter hell
I forgot O god thee!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ah! What I Thought.. by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Mother-land I weep for thee, Joseph Ogbonna
- Mother Teresa and I, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- Still Here, silenced work
- A Village Girl, Naveed Khalid
- A Song Of Harp, Naveed Khalid
- An African Woman I am... a Blessing or a.., Vivian Muciri
- You are Everywhere!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Work: The Noun that Verbs the World!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- oh my dear, sushant jha
- Dangerous Curiosity, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stars, Joyce Kilmer
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)