Ah! What I Thought..
Ah! I thought I'd write,
With power and light.
No, darkness around,
But, musical sound,
Would be roaming around me!
I got a lot of friends,
as it is our trend,
to exchange opinion
and talking over phone.
I spent my days in glee.
I built a castle in air,
sitting on my chair,
But, I had no other aim
I kept on writing poem.
and sought nectar as honey bee!
and sang the mirthful song.
Oh, God! I was so wrong!
One day my friend vanished,
it seemed as if got punished,
I drowned in pensive sea.
A demon came in his place,
Though I did not see his face,
His scornful flashy mail,
threw me in utter hell
I forgot O god thee!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ah! What I Thought.. by Neela Nath )
- White Wings, Afit Riawan
- सोदोब, Ronjoy Brahma
- What Should I Comment?, Pintu Mahakul
- The Day Of Armageddon, Sir Toby
- जिउआ सानसे समायना, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shadow Girl, Leslie Philibert
- Dear Life, Mark Webster
- Art, Mark Webster
- Being satisfied I am happy, gajanan mishra
- Humanity's Supposed Lament, Shalom Freedman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- When You Are Old, William Butler Yeats
- A Character, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)