RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Age Creeps Slowly
Age creeps upon us slowly, showing first in our surroundings,
as piles of newspapers climb ever higher.
Stacks of magazines are strewn throughout, giving our room
an impression of being smaller.
Defending ourselves against the onslaught of hidden
recriminations we find excuses for our ever-increasing amount
Needing to keep each and every issue until they can be gone
through is an attempt to assure others of their reason for
Putting someone off when they've volunteered to help is a
way to keep from doing what they know they ought to.
Causing things to be left undone for now - with your death
will bring helping hands of those you cannot trust to do
your will when you are gone.
Taking the time you need to swallow a temporary discomfort
and have a trusted friend by your side doing what you ask,
clearing up any clutter old age will bring into your room.
Age creeps upon us slowly, so we must look for the tell-tale
signs we are showing others within our cluttered rooms and
stay one step ahead of ourselves, before our death.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Age Creeps Slowly by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- DALYA IN RAVENSBURG 74, Terry Collett
- Tomar Hansi Tomar Kanna, ramesh rai
- But peace, hasmukh amathalal
- Rah! rRah! Siss-boom-bah!, Frank Avon
- Same enthusiasm, hasmukh amathalal
- NOT / Heart-related, Alan Hickman
- Boy last, hasmukh amathalal
- Goodbyes Are Hard, Sayli Satam
- I LOVE PARIS, Terry Collett
- Unrhymed, Naveed Khalid
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Robert Louis Stevenson
- Heather Burns