Advised Not To Lie Facing The Entrance!
Other directions are also good,
if the east is not practically suitable!
While the people who know ethics
praised the habit of eating in the noon,
Advised not to lie in the cot facing
the footsteps in the entrance!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'Advised not to lie facing the entrance! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'Aasaarak kOvai'
ஒழிந்த திசையும் வழிமுறையா னல்ல
முகட்டு வழியூண் புகழ்ந்தா ரிகழ்ந்தார்
முகட்டு வழிகட்டிற் பாடு.22 ஆசாரக்கோவை
Comments about this poem (Advised Not To Lie Facing The Entrance! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
Did you read them?
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
- In The Theatre of Life; In The Theatre o.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old age in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- So Are The Stars, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)