Yes I'm addicted, not to marijuana, ecstasy or cocaine,
Yes I'm addicted, addicted to pain.
I drape scarves, I wear full sleeves,
To hide my face, my arms where the cuts seep.
My bag always contains a blade
Crimson, red, blood swathed.
My accessories are all in shades of red,
My wrists in red bracelets, my fingers in rings red.
My tattoos are real, they bleed,
My little harmless cuts cater to my every emotional need.
I want no pity, no sympathy, no advice,
My life, my body is my business, only mine.
My cuts, my only friends
Just the way I need them, slow to make amends.
Water touches my body and turns to bloody rain
My only pleasure is my soothing pain.
I deserve it, I depend on it, I crave it,
I don't care if my life flows out bit by bit.
Countless time has flown by,
Countless cuts have healed, some still cry.
I am not stopped by my best friend,
Because she is pain and will be the best one till the end.
Even now the blood trickles down,
Staining beautifully my sheets and nightgown.
All the happiness in the world is an illusion,
Only pleasure, pleasure from pain is a real solution.
I wanna die, die for sure,
But my death should be brave, more pain will I endure.
I hope for no saviors, no survival, just peace,
Though I wait for an angel, the Angel of Death to free me.
Call me selfish, self-centered or the devil's clone,
My pain is mine, mine alone.
I'm not helpless I have control
As I wake up each day I set a daring yet pleasurable goal.
I can't wait for a slow, natural death,
Just wish that nobody gets to know when I'm dead...
Isabella Francis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted by Isabella Francis )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(12 March 1922 - 21 October 1969)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 February 1900 – 11 April 1977)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- 'My Christmas Prayer' (For all who have .., Linda Winchell
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Thank all and smile, hasmukh amathalal
- O my Lord, gajanan mishra
- The Day Is Gone, And All Its Sweets Are .., Luo Zhihai
- Picturing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flag of peace, gajanan mishra
- Changing Positions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Elevated Insight, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Teach them to love, Lubinda Lubinda
- Beyond The Ordinary, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- the comical dilemma with commas, Bull Hawking