Yes I'm addicted, not to marijuana, ecstasy or cocaine,
Yes I'm addicted, addicted to pain.
I drape scarves, I wear full sleeves,
To hide my face, my arms where the cuts seep.
My bag always contains a blade
Crimson, red, blood swathed.
My accessories are all in shades of red,
My wrists in red bracelets, my fingers in rings red.
My tattoos are real, they bleed,
My little harmless cuts cater to my every emotional need.
I want no pity, no sympathy, no advice,
My life, my body is my business, only mine.
My cuts, my only friends
Just the way I need them, slow to make amends.
Water touches my body and turns to bloody rain
My only pleasure is my soothing pain.
I deserve it, I depend on it, I crave it,
I don't care if my life flows out bit by bit.
Countless time has flown by,
Countless cuts have healed, some still cry.
I am not stopped by my best friend,
Because she is pain and will be the best one till the end.
Even now the blood trickles down,
Staining beautifully my sheets and nightgown.
All the happiness in the world is an illusion,
Only pleasure, pleasure from pain is a real solution.
I wanna die, die for sure,
But my death should be brave, more pain will I endure.
I hope for no saviors, no survival, just peace,
Though I wait for an angel, the Angel of Death to free me.
Call me selfish, self-centered or the devil's clone,
My pain is mine, mine alone.
I'm not helpless I have control
As I wake up each day I set a daring yet pleasurable goal.
I can't wait for a slow, natural death,
Just wish that nobody gets to know when I'm dead...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted by Isabella Francis )
- तुम और हम, Priyanka Gupta
- Seeing Childhood In Memories, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Intellectual Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God Is Light, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Welcome Autumn, Abdullah alHemaidy
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Leisure, William Henry Davies
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Maurice Polydore-Marie-Bernard Maeterlinck
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1886 - 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)