Yes I'm addicted, not to marijuana, ecstasy or cocaine,
Yes I'm addicted, addicted to pain.
I drape scarves, I wear full sleeves,
To hide my face, my arms where the cuts seep.
My bag always contains a blade
Crimson, red, blood swathed.
My accessories are all in shades of red,
My wrists in red bracelets, my fingers in rings red.
My tattoos are real, they bleed,
My little harmless cuts cater to my every emotional need.
I want no pity, no sympathy, no advice,
My life, my body is my business, only mine.
My cuts, my only friends
Just the way I need them, slow to make amends.
Water touches my body and turns to bloody rain
My only pleasure is my soothing pain.
I deserve it, I depend on it, I crave it,
I don't care if my life flows out bit by bit.
Countless time has flown by,
Countless cuts have healed, some still cry.
I am not stopped by my best friend,
Because she is pain and will be the best one till the end.
Even now the blood trickles down,
Staining beautifully my sheets and nightgown.
All the happiness in the world is an illusion,
Only pleasure, pleasure from pain is a real solution.
I wanna die, die for sure,
But my death should be brave, more pain will I endure.
I hope for no saviors, no survival, just peace,
Though I wait for an angel, the Angel of Death to free me.
Call me selfish, self-centered or the devil's clone,
My pain is mine, mine alone.
I'm not helpless I have control
As I wake up each day I set a daring yet pleasurable goal.
I can't wait for a slow, natural death,
Just wish that nobody gets to know when I'm dead...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Addicted by Isabella Francis )
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- to the one who reads me every day on pur.., Mandolyn ...
- to the one who reads me every day, on ac.., Mandolyn ...
- WE POOR VICTIMs, Enoch Owusu Gyamfi
- Weekend thrill., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Just Before Dawn, Tosin Abegunde
- School., Harold R Hunt Sr
- One's greed leads to one's ugly and gree.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- When will I grow up?, Harold R Hunt Sr
- A Good Poem, Tony Adah
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)