A Faulty Apology
I hate myself for crying and hurting you
I did it without having a slightest clue.
You won't talk to me now I know it's my fault
But it was my innocent wish to feel a tears' salt.
I've forgotten how to cry, you know it too well
I did it just for the sake of remembering how it felt.
I have no justification to give, no apologies to offer,
Just ‘sorry' for this terrible deed makes it far from over.
I love you yet I hurt you
Somehow, I am the person who always hurts you.
I've told you all what I know
Now it's your wish to either accept me or turn and go.
You want me to be strong, with a smiling face
Realize, only you are my support base.
I'll die if I see your eyes drenched in tears
Seeing you cry because of me is my greatest fear.
Reply me and revive me
Or forget me and kill me.
Do not let me hang midway
Let me be with you or be on hells' way.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Faulty Apology by Isabella Francis )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Play The Game, Jessie Pope
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- As aged I, Emmanuel George Cefai
- true friend, Rani Jain
- In laziness begot, Emmanuel George Cefai
- When Times Will Ring with Bells, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Hurling themselves over the rocks, Emmanuel George Cefai
- When will the time come?, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Gandhi Versus Godse, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Muslims…Indeed Christians….Specifically .., James B. Earley
- Friends, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Love's Curse Befell None, Jayatissa Liyanage