Adagio, love poems
Your hair draping down
the side of your face
established before my eyes
that appeared remote,
yet intimately near.
The closeness of your spirit
as the distance of your gaze.
against the moving backdropp
of the city,
like a modern sculpture
with classical overtures
on a pedestal of still air
warmly expressing itself.
The adagio of your face,
its quality and range,
on the canvas of my eye.
Art beyond my experience!
Art beyond my description!
The depth and focus of your flesh
embracing your spirit that I love;
open and vulnerable,
belying great trust
and total acceptance.
I painted that image in my mind
and molded it into my median,
Now I want to relive it,
again and again.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Adagio, love poems by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Shipping Container, Marshall Gass
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer