Accept your lot in life,
Oh man stop pretending.
This life you lead,
Does not merit defending.
Accept who and what you are,
Be satisfied at last.
To live in peace the present,
Abandon finally the past.
9/14/13 Alton Texas
Juan Olivarez's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Accept by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Instructions for the Lost, David Keplinger
- Eight years to short, Rick Staszek
- Spirit Quest, Michael Mira
- The Idiot's Song, David Keplinger
- Raju's Remarkable Rescue, Stephen Katona
- दुखुआ आंनि.., Ronjoy Brahma
- Elegy For the Precious Time Before Dinner, David Keplinger
- Where Is The Love?, Electric Lady
- View from Outside, David Keplinger
- "An Insistent and Eager Harmoniousn.., David Keplinger