Above The Clouds
the moon is always smiling against It's darkened shroud
the stars are always dancing to the abundance they bow
the clouds are always laughing so elegant and proud
so if your heart is broken and you are feeling down
and you can't find good reason not to scream to God aloud
O'God why have you forsaken me underneath this darkened Cloud
then just Run out side right now, go now
Dance with the Stars!
Smile with the moon!
Laugh with the clouds!
and just remember this:
the sun is always shinning you need only rise above those clouds
Paul Cutting's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Above The Clouds by Paul Cutting )
- On Writing, Deborah Eker
- Freedoms, Connie Marcum Wong
- Ebola! One Last Time, Peter Kimani
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)