She recalled the day she was abducted on the street
One held her hands, the other held her feet.
Thrown in the minivan and no help in sight
As she fought with all her might.
Her begging and pleading was not heard
As they tied her up without a word.
Blindfolded and gagged and threatened with a knife
Till she had no will left to fight.
She had heard and read about the slavery market
And how people did this to line up their pockets.
Beaten and drugged into submission and used as a sex toy
Threats of violence were their ploy.
Abducted at twelve years old, now this story must be told.
Human bondage and slavery is worldwide, and has been
Going on since the beginning of time.
They will take your children, sister and brother
And any other that they think that they can use
For their clients from which to choose.
She had to work the streets- otherwise she would not eat
This is the bondage in which she lived and had to endure
And to try to escape she wasn’t sure.
After escaping from her captors after ten years
Her story she wanted to share.
Never walk alone, stay in a group, and over your
Shoulder you should look.
Beware the predators – they are all around
Many more victims will be found.
© L. RAMS
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Abducted by louis rams )
- Twelve Birds of Christmas, Frank Avon
- Picasso: Pentads, Frank Avon
- Picasso, Frank Avon
- A Dream, Steve Kittell
- Waiting on my time, Gypsy Pain
- Mohabbat kaamil ho gayi, Ahatisham Alam
- Single Dad, louis rams
- A Victim of Love?, Mr. Nobody
- The Ugly Brother, Von Kimball Barney
- Khwaabon ki Haqikat, Ahatisham Alam
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)