Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A River of Tears
Raining like a shower to
Water the vegetation of my cheeks:
Planted in grief,
Awaiting the sorrowfull harvest to manifest.
Shed on the cast of angst,
In a mournful jubilation
Feeling the ire of bliss-
On the pasture of regret,
Begging for mercy.
Uheard of the loud weeping
Wailing in tears and wears,
Yet beating upon the rock
To metamophorse in the akin of sorrow
Chanting a ballad of anguish.
It's the river of tears I shed.
My heart so bitter, I dare not tell.
My joy gone and my happiness stolen.
Begging for a bliss from heaven
To cast her wind of consolation
Upon my wetted heart.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A River of Tears by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
James Russell Lowell
(22 February 1819 – 12 August 1891)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- This Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Interior Particles, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Total Encompassing Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Notes Of Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living With Shadows, RoseAnn V. Shawiak